Monday, November 10, 2008

Sound & Motion: non-linear project process document

Sketches


















































Finally I chose the second idea of my sketches which has a TV at the middle of the screen. It is because people watch most of their sport events in front of their TV. Besides, TV is a object using sound channel and video channel that just totally match up with this project. Since I am a beginner of actionscript and I have limited skill on Flash, I am going to determine how to use the most effective way and simple way to express my idea of my non-liner project.



Process











































First I recreate a similar exam as the one we did in class together. I wanted to figure out what was concept of writing an actionscript. I also tried to seek for help on the internet. I tried few tutorials that related to my idea from the internet, I could not figure out any of them. Then I went to find the alternative route to approach my concept. Besides Flash, I also used Photoshop to create images that give users more visual impact and focus less on my actionscript.


Final Process



























The users can play the video clip on the TV with pick their sound channel from the dialogue boxes (each dialogue box has a speaker button attached with different sound) It is kind like making your own voice in the soccer game. The dialogue also contain with different expression from the fans. The sounds give more description about insider of the image. you may feel the mood and the passion of these images.

In this project, I definitely learned the concept of actionscript. Even though I am not quite good to figure out the script, I am still looking forward to explore more about actionscript even on my own or taking classes. I also learned about how a decent content can help you out to bring out your message with a big impact (at least it catchs users attendent). Besides, I need to remind myself that always are alternative routes of everything. Just need to figure out how to create the same kind of idea with different appoarch.

No comments: